Gt Oakley Brixworth Kettering
Higham & Rushden
Ise Valley, Kettering
Upper Nene Villages
Links to member U3As
Higham & Rushden U3A
Ise Valley Kettering U3A
Upper Nene Villages
Gt Oakley U3A
The email address of the Network Secretary is U3Anorthantsnetwork@hotmail.com
East Midlands Region Website
National U3A site
eg. open days for general public and various publications for sale
think the U3A might be the very
organisation you are looking for, why
not visit one of the Open Days where
you will see many of our activities in
action, talk to Committee Members and
have any questions answered.
Ise Valley Kettering
U3A is holding their Drop-In
Session between 1pm and 3pm on the 1st
Wednesday in May (3rd May) at the Eden
Centre, Montagu Street, Kettering.
is having their session at the Plaza,
Cosy Nook, Thrapston, NN14 4PS from 10am
to 2pm on Saturday 6th May. Click
here to see the poster
Two Charity events by
Rushden & Higham U3A
Group organises rides each week for all
abilities and are currently in training to take
part in the
London to Brighton charity ride on the 18th
June 2017 raising funds
for the British Heart Foundation.
The University of the Third Age is a self-help organisation for people no longer in full time employment. It provides educational, creative and leisure opportunities in a friendly environment. The individual U3As are run entirely by volunteers and draw upon the knowledge, experience and skills of their own members to organise and provide interest groups. The teachers learn and the learners teach in such fields as art, languages, music, history, life sciences, philosophy, computing, crafts, photography and walking though not all subjects are found in all U3As.
The U3A approach to learning is learning for pleasure. There is no accreditation or validation and there are no assessments or qualifications to be gained. To learn more about the national and individual U3As click on the links shown in the column to the left or click on the video link at the bottom of this page,
There are now 1000 U3As (as of Summer 2016) with about 384,000 members including U3As in the Isle of Man and Omagh District so there is bound to be one near you!
The Aims of the Northamptonshire Network
- Enable U3As to work together to help them meet their objectives (learning recreation and companionship) - by cooperative activities usually involving discussion and sharing of experiences.
- Ensure U3As have the opportunities to propose and vote for their representative on the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Third Age Trust. It provides one means by which to communicate with the NEC through the Trustee.
- Enable and support the launch of new U3As.
- Organise outings and joint events such as Study days, exhibitions and competitions.
- Help Interest Group Leaders share their knowledge and expertise with other U3A groups with the same interest.
- Share information about special events, excursions, holidays etc